Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Giant Swallowtail




 When I can catch a photo of the giant swallowtail butterfly I don't mind the thorny wild lime tree in our wild flower garden. The wild lime is the only larval host we have in the yard so without it I wouldn't get to see this gorgeous guy (girl?) flit about.

.....a few mugs waiting for the next bisque load .... which one is 'grande'? At Starbucks it would be the one on the left? Update on Starbuck sizes: No wonder I was confused at Starbucks. I thought grande was their small size but it is indeed their large size so it is the one on the right. Thanks for the Starbuck sizes Mila!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of a magnificent creature. I think the one on the right would be 'grande' for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos made me smile, especially as we still have snow on the ground and I doubt it will be a while before we see any butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The patterning looks like a smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photos are beautiful! and so are your mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shapes of your mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful butterfly! you always get such amazing pictures. those mugs must be big - I like the shape, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots of the Swallowtail! Wish we were seeing butterflies here, but the snow is keeping them away! I'm with Vicki, the mug on the right should be the "grande".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't mind geting scratched by a few thorns for a sight like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Starbucks are Short 8 oz. Tall 12 oz. Grande 16 oz.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!