Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Teapot Show

This teapot spent last month in a teapot show up at the Lighthouse ArtCenter Gallery in Tequesta. I didn't get to the opening but was able to take a few photos when I picked up my teapot on Saturday. Below on the left was my personal favorite naturally, with the resemblance to fabric and quilts! And of course the superb craftsmanship.
Best in Show was a beauty too!
And isn't this Nested Teapot gorgeous, by my friend Karla Walter.
Most ceramic artists or teapot collectors are familiar with Fong Choo's teapots. He also juried the show.
There were two other shows on at the gallery, including a faculty show.
 I sure hope to get back in the clay this week. After a wonderful long holiday I'm raring to get into the clay and fiber.
Hope you are enjoying your first week of 2012!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely collection of teapots. Your teapot has your recognizable style! Love the nesting teapot. These must take a considerable amount of time and patience to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pieces, what a great show it must have been.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!