Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Inspired

The past two months has been a fun and rewarding time spent sketching, planning and creating my first challenge quilt for Tangled Textiles. I've been wanting to try out some new techniques and this was my opportunity to do just that. I enjoy Terri's cup quilt (from her Etsy shop) each day as I work in the kitchen and her mosaic technique has been saying 'try me, try me!" so I used her technique for the background of my games quilt.
I was really happy with the background but had to keep going and those last few steps were challenging. For more on how I got from background to 'Net Play' and the other wonderful creations from fellow Tangled Textiles members head over to the blog.
Happy playing whatever your game!

9 comments:

  1. You beat me to it. I have been wanting to try Terri's technique also. I like the juxtaposition of the circles, geometric shapes and straight lines. The mosaic of fabrics works well with the simplicity of the circles. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Gina. I too have been wanting to try Terri's mosaic technique. I am heading over to the Tangled Textiles blog to check out the other members' creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, this is gorgeous. I have been just looking with my mouth wide open at all the creativity and versatility over at Tangled Textiles. Wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to give that technique a try - it's number 1 on my list of to dos (make a journal quilt depicting my weekend in the Okanagan) once my current deadlines are met! It is the perfect back drop for yout tennis net and balls - wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved your background, so now I will just have to have a go. I wonder what the next theme will be......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cunning little piece! The ball is definitely in play:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! I didn't notice at first that it's a games quilt (ping pong?). That changes things. I still like it, but before I knew that, the golden circles were the perfect compliment to the background. The rectangular piece in the upper left is intriguing... reminds me of a window but then I'm not sure how to interpret the other aspects of the piece. I love that it's so thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!