Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Computer Problems and Quilts

I wonder if the reason that I feel so frustrated with computers is that I didn't use a computer until I was in my thirties and I didn't experience the internet until I was forty. So I remember a much simpler life when I fit tea breaks into my work day instead of fitting work into my computer day! This frustration has come from my last week of computer failure, trying to semi-keep up on my husband's tiny little notebook (I can't imagine trying to use a phone to check the internet or mail!) and finally going out and buying a new computer. Then it has been a couple days of trying to install old programs (and I've discovered that some of my old programs like Photoshop Elements are not compatible with Windows 7) and trying to figure out how to get my email. I'm almost there now and found some time to start turning one of my many sketches for the quilt challenge into an actual quilt. Above are my fabric choices and a couple of the shapes. I hope I find time next week to get it all put together and quilted.

Hope you're having good computer days!

4 comments:

  1. I was even older when I started using computer. Mine is acting up to. Thanks for commenting on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Computer problems are such a headache. Sorry to hear that you have been having them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I have used the computer for about 20+ years, I still have quite a bit of frustration with it. When I got married, I happily delegated the technical stuff to my husband. I find that I am just not as quick as I used to be, my eyesight has changed, and my patience level has decreased. I love the immediacy of information that the Internet affords but hate everything else that goes along with it, including technical meltdowns. In short, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new machine. Buying and moving to a new computer is almost worse than buying and moving into a new house... good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!