Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Clay and Fiber Purse and Quilt Inspiration

April 15th is quickly approaching, yet I was off working in the studio today. Those tax forms just don't have the drawing power of a lump of clay or a piles of fibers! I couldn't resist taking my latest clay purse to the sewing room and creating a study for it. Awhile back I showed some of the clay embellishments that came out of the kiln. I used one of the swirls and four of the buttons in putting this purse together. My purses are gradually growing in size and I'm liking that as I enjoy being able to create slightly larger fiber studies for their pockets or decor. Also I'm learning to keep the openings a little larger so I can get inside to stitch the fiber studies in place! It's tough work getting inside there and finding those holes because once my hand is inside I can't see a thing. So it's by feel and it's cramped in there!
I've also been sketching and working on ideas for my 'passage' quilt. You can follow along as Three Creative Studios offers an inspirational prompt and two months to create a quilt. I hope I get mine made before the deadline! I've been sketching and planning but haven't made any final decisions yet. A sketch I made last year that was based on the trail nearby was one idea.
..here is one of many pages of sketches. I have very little in the way of rendering skills but I get enough on paper to prompt my memory as to what I was thinking.
 I'll end with a photo from a recent walk with the dogs .... a duck sitting on top of the covered bridge nearby.

5 comments:

  1. I love your purse - the colours and the texture. It looks like it was a fun piece to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you've been busy. I like your purses and can't wait to see passages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Gina, this purse is wonderful! I think it's cool that you're working a little larger each time, too, and that you're refining your process (making the opening wider, etc)... artistic growth is so critical for all of us, IMO, but also just a whole lot of fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that purse Gina! Can't wait to see your passages quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love purses, bags of any kind, and these clay purses in particular. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!