Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Mug Time!


I finally took some photos of a few of the mugs that came out of my last kiln load.
Someone from the etsy mudteam reminded me of this great video of Pete Pinnell discussing the 'cup'. The cup truly is a very intimate creation; as Pete says the closeness we have with a cup is usually a closeness we reserve for a lover. He discusses the history of art for art sake to conceptual art and how cups can be critiqued, examined and what he has learned from cups over the years. A wonderful video I enjoy listening to more than once! Whether a potter or collector, you'll enjoy Pete Pinell's thoughts.

A few of my new mugs can be found in my etsy and 1000markets shops. (different mugs in each shop)

Now for a cup of tea ... I think green ginger this morning ..... have a great day!

1 comment:

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!