Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

more from the Quilt Show .....


 Does this remind you of Marcel Duchamp's 'Nude Descending a Staircase'? It does for me! Heather Jean Glennon of Florida created 'Falling Pins'.


Here's one of the 'glove ladies'. Because the quilts cannot be touched but show patrons love to see the back of quilts, several gloved ladies were available to carefully life the quilts to reveal their backs. One quilt created quite the curiosity as to how the subtle shadow effect was created. Here the glove lady explains the technique to a captive audience.
Here's a close-up of that quilt. Can you see the technique?


Here's another South African quilt by Shirley Prakke, 'Come to MY Garden'. 

And one of my favorites .... I thought I was always attracted to bright colors in fabric art and earthy colors in pottery but seems the earthy wins out in the end as I found this one to be one of my favorites. I think a lot has to do with the colors. Wouldn't it fit nicely next to a collection of pots?






2 comments:

  1. Wow... is that my pleat and snip technique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten about the glove lady with the blue 'hair'!

    I'm enjoying these peeks at our long day out!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! If you've made your email address available I'll send an email reply. Thanks for visiting!